Professional Fireplace & Chimney Installations You Can Trust!
Old Hat Chimney Service technicians know chimneys top to bottom — we restore historic chimneys, repair storm-damaged chimneys, maintain existing chimneys and install brand new appliances and chimney systems, start to finish. Home heating is our specialty and our passion, and we love bringing the beauty and warmth of a new appliance into our clients’ homes.
Adding a new fireplace, stove or insert is an exciting prospect, and a big decision: You’ll decide what fuel is best for you, what level of heating you need and expect, what design suits your tastes and your home, and whether a masonry or a prefabricated system makes the most sense for you and your budget. Old Hat Chimney Service can help you every step of the way, offering information and pros and cons, and sharing our experience with what fuels, appliances and placements work best in spaces like yours, and for lifestyles like yours.
Fuel Type Dictates A Lot About Your New Appliance
Narrowing down the type of fuel you plan to use is a big step toward choosing the best new appliance for you. Wood and gas both have different benefits, and the best fuel for you will depend on your preferences and lifestyle.
- Wood: Affordable, renewable and easy to find, wood meets a lot of homeowners’ needs. It brings a beautiful, classic ambiance and can be ideal if you live in a wooded area and want to make good use of fallen timber. But wood-burning appliances do require some work — you’ll need to buy or cut and stack wood, build your fires and clean ash, and to keep creosote build-up at bay, you’ll have to have the chimney professionally swept on a regular basis.
- Gas: Convenient and quick, gas appliances tend to appeal to families with demanding schedules. You’ll have a fire with the push of a button or the flip of a switch.
Appliances Old Hat Chimney Service Can Install For You
- Wood-Burning Fireplaces: Whether you’re interested in having a new wood-burning masonry fireplace and chimney built from the ground up, or a prefabricated system installed, we can help.
- Wood Stoves: Stoves can be great zone-heating additions, and a gorgeous focal point in a room.
- Wood-Burning Inserts: Old and inefficient fireplaces can be quickly and affordably brought up to modern efficiency with a wood-burning insert, designed to retrofit right into your existing space.
- Gas Fireplaces: If you’d like to convert an existing wood-burning appliance to gas, or want to have a new gas appliance installed, Old Hat technicians can do the job properly.
If you’re interested in having a new fireplace or chimney system installed, call Old Hat Chimney Service at 770-529-2654 — we’d love to help enhance the look and feel of your home with a warm and efficient new addition!
If you have gas logs or a gas fireplace, you’ll be glad to know that our experienced technicians can service and install them the way they need to be done. You won’t find better services for your chimney and fireplace anywhere!